To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1601 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Meso Scale Diagnostics • Rockville, MD
Posted 2 months ago
This position assists in organizing office services across multiple buildings and provides, as part of the AdminTeam, support to several key departments and senior management. The Administrative Assistant provides, as part of the AdminTeam, a major function for the company as a whole by coordinating such areas as office and kitchen supply inventory, meeting room scheduling, backup to the front desk administrator. The ideal candidate must be well organized and knowledgeable in Excel, Word and MS Calendar. The candidate must be able to follow procedures, be detail oriented and handle confidential and critical information with discretion.
• Responsible for creating and altering building access cards for all employees.
• Responsible for timely scanning client batch records to electronic files for retention.
• Responsible for managing team building events including organizing dates and teams, tracking and reconfirming attendance and organizing counts with the Four Streams’ administrator, and providing a monthly report on team attendance.
• Assist in coordinating the Employee Dining Rewards program, including organizing employee names, gift card distribution, coordinating reservations at Four Streams and preparing a bi-weekly report on usage.
• Weekly extract data from the eMaint system and prepare an Excel-based report including charts for the VP Facilities to present to the senior staff the status on all facilities maintenance; this report requires a great accuracy and attention to detail.
• Administrator for MARS (Marketing Approval Routing System), an internal e-routing system for review of marketing docs—twice weekly report status of collateral pending approval, and to notify marketing directors of tickets pending approval from senior management.
• Act as administrator for the FS-ARS system, the internal system used to route all documents associated with Four Streams, including membership applications, events agreements, flyers and other data for approval by senior management.
• Assist with the MSD employee lunch program, pulling orders from the intranet ord board and submitting to Four Streams 72 hours in advance, coordinating with the Four Streams’ administrator for delivery to various building refrigerators.
• Manage Lab Notebook records retention folder; scanning all scientific lab notebooks as provided by the Quality Assurance department.
• General administrative support includes but is not limited to:
o Assist with organizing office moves and floor plan updates.
o Maintain and order standard office supplies for various buildings.
o Provide oversight to keep spaces neat, organized and to 5S standard.
o Assist with the preparation and formatting of presentations, agreements, company forms and other documents using Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
o Work with vendors to obtain quotes and submit purchase requisitions.
o Ensure Recycling signage and bins are in place at all buildings, track bins are not overflowing, work with Facilities and vendor for off-schedule pickups.
o Assist in reviewing travel requests to approve airfare, vehicle rental and hotels for travel agents according to company policy.
o Assist with all-company meeting registration, employee activities and the annual holiday food drive, and other all-company activities.
o Provide a weekly status report to your manager.
o Provide support for ordering requested ergo gear for employees approved by the Safety team. Assist Safety when evacuation maps require updating for current or new spaces confirming data with the director of safety and ensuring consistency in display throughout all buildings, and updating /replacing them as needed.
o Act as backup to the other company administrator, including assisting with sales meeting activities and hotel reservations.
o Backup to the Front Desk Administrator, answering the main phone, greeting, announcing and signing in visitors (this is a shared responsibility for lunch and leave coverage), sort incoming mail; handle packages and process invoices with accounting, and schedule visitor meetings including meeting space, catering orders, including building tour approvals with Legal.
The duties listed are not intended to be a complete listing but rather to define the major responsibilities assigned to this position.
• Must be a self-starter, confident and resourceful in managing tasks and spot on at following approved policies and procedures.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to effectively balance multiple priorities and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with exceptional attention to detail is a must.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and diplomacy and discretion in all dealings concerning the company.
• Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of member service and response.
• Expert level written and verbal communications and editorial skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate environment.
- Proficient in Windows based computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer, as well as computer network file organization.
- Above average computer skills including ability to quickly grasp internal company programs to run reports; use of Adobe Acrobat and MS SharePoint is desirable.
- Occasionally may need to work beyond a 40-hour week, depending on project deadlines.
- May assist with pickup/delivery of catering (mileage reimbursement provided).