Direct Support Professionals
We are looking for caring, helpful staff to assist individuals with developmental disabilities. Center for Developmentally Disabled (CDD) is dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential. We are committed to helping individuals with disabilities acquire skills and supports that encourage independent living, community inclusion and/or working competitively. The rights and privileges of people with developmental disabilities are both respected and encouraged.
CDD provides residential supports for people with developmental disabilities that include group living (group homes) and Individualized Supported Living (ISLs). Our staff is committed to assisting individuals with daily living activities, cooking, domestic skills, money management and transportation to name a few. Successful candidates will be reliable, enthusiastic, professional and interested in working with people. Ongoing training opportunities also provided.
Full-time and part-time positions are available in Jackson County in the Kansas City, Grandview, Blue Springs, Independence and Grain Valley areas. Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and overnights.
Compensation/Benefits for full-time positions:
- Pay rate ranges from $10.00-$11.19 per hour depending on years of experience and position
- Shift differential Saturday and Sunday extra $1.50 per hour
- Certain positions receive an extra .52 cents per hour driving bonus
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Aflac, Legal Shield
- $25k life insurance policy paid by CDD + additional coverage for dependents and spouse
- 401(k) with 6% agency match
- Referral bonus
Applicants may apply in person at:
Center for Developmentally Disabled
9150 E 41st Ter.
Kansas City, MO 64133
The following qualifications must be met:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background screening
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to pass medication, adult CPR and First Aid classes
- Some of the people we support prefer to work with only male staff: Males are encouraged to apply
The following are preferred qualifications:
- Prefer people with their own car and car insurance (some positions require a car)
- Experience in the MR/DD field
- Bi-lingual in English AND one of the following:
- American Sign Language