UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We are seeking an established Technical Sales Engineer to join our New Jersey team! You will market and sell Carrier Applied and Industrial HVAC products and solutions to current and potential customers within our territory.
Are you focused, driven, and passionate about innovating and developing improving products and systems? Are you looking to combine your technical knowledge with your social skills? Are you willing to work in a dynamic work environment, communicate effectively with your partners, and be able to raise issues openly? Come and join the ranks of one of the world's most respected, fast-growing, and creative companies. We have an experienced sales team and staff that will provide you the proper training and support.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Routinely call on and support our customers, which include Mechanical Contractors, Consulting MEP firms and Facility Owners / Developers (School Districts, Universities, Hospitals, Private Corporations, etc…).
- Lead and grow assigned territory and business through existing and new accounts by identifying potential customers and building solid long term relationships,
- Promote Carrier’s line card of products, attend trade shows, and marketing events, supporting our local educational efforts, etc…
- Achieve annual sales, gross margin and market share targets set by management
- Execute take-offs and quotes
- Follow-up and close work with customers by assisting with bid day operations and handling post-sale submittal and order entry work
- Assist with project management duties once the equipment has shipped to the customer including cash collection and accounts receivable responsibilities.
Education / certifications:
Experience / qualifications:
- BA/BS degree with years 6+ years relevant work experience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC design and application tools preferred
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High attention to detail a requirement
- Be team oriented and have the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- PE Certification desired, LEED AP accreditation a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.