Responsible position which requires a moderate degree of knowledge in all phases of general accounting, payroll, billing, auditing, data processing and budgeting. Duties performed with significant independence and a high degree of discretion and judgment under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting.
1. Ensures accurate and timely recording of financial data in the accounting database for SalusCare, Inc.
2. Participates in effectively coordinating monthly close. Maintains close documents, ensure all journal entries are accurately documented and lead sheets complete.
3. Correctly prepares journal entries and appropriate reconciliations for General Ledger balance sheet accounts.
4. Reviews income statement accounts for reasonableness and if necessary prepares appropriate adjusting entries including accruals.
5. Routinely collaborates with the Director of Accounting as to the effect of various transactions on the general ledger.
6. Effectually reviews grants/contracts for various financial billing and compliance requirements.
7. Precisely prepares grant/contract invoices, related journal entries and associated financial reporting requirements.
8. Ensures affected company staff is informed of compliance requirements in a timely manner and provide copies of grants/contracts
to the same.
9. Closely monitors companywide reporting compliance.
10. Effectively acts as financial liaison for specific contracts.
11. Assists AP with the reconciliation and/or processing of grant incidental and voucher requests.
12. Accurately, journalizes electronic cash receipts. Daily posts non-patient receipts to A/R sub-ledgers. Prepares monthly bank reconciliations. Works with accounting team to timely research and resolve any reconciliation items.
13. Accurately, prepares and files annual unclaimed property reports with appropriate State agencies.
14. Promptly provides monitors and auditors with requested information.
15. Conducts quarterly inventory count and records entries accordingly.
16. Conducts thorough periodic audits of petty cash located throughout facilities.
17. Successfully assists in the preparation of the annual budget and all budget updates. Accurately maintains appropriate
spreadsheets and combines with budgetary information. Analyzes monthly financial data and assist directors in analysis for monthly budget/financial meetings.
18. Assists the Director of Accounting to establish and maintain an effective system of internal controls in order to monitor compliance with policies and procedures established by management and governing bodies.
19. Effectually assists the Director of Accounting with updating Accounting procedures, at least annually, or as needed.
20. Makes a positive contribution to staff morale. Interacts with co-workers and external contacts in a professional and ethical manner. Work with Accounting Director to effectively lead the accounting team.
21. Regularly demonstrates appropriate and efficient use of time while at work as well as appropriate use of leave time.
22. Demonstrates an understanding and respect for cultural competence and sensitivity when interacting with consumers of SalusCare services.
23. Staff development - Maintains compliance for all mandatory training and minimal hours of in service training required by licensing agencies. Completion of training goals identified on Core Curriculum and Staff Development Plan. .
24. Routinely demonstrates a sound understanding of and commitment to compliancy with CARF standards for the accounting department.
25. Attain competent level of understanding with Cerner and Great Plains report software as required by duties and responsibilities and uses it effectively within assigned time frames
26. Assists with special projects and/or other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Requires a BA/BS in accounting/finance or related field and at least 3 years of staff accountant experience. Must be proficient with MS Excel. Great Plains experience a plus. Requires a valid Florida driver’s license, a good driving record, current auto insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles