Our client is seeking a Financial Reporting Senior Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare consolidated audited financial statements, footnotes and disclosures ensuring compliance with US GAAP and Broker/Dealer regulatory requirements.
- Prepare audited subsidiary financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly unaudited consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare general ledger-based reports for management reporting.
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Prepare fluctuation analyses that summarize and compare financial results to ensure reasonableness in relation to historical results, market trends and budget expectations.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis on accounting issues in support of special projects or requests from business areas.
- Prepare quarterly analysis for equity compensation plan.
- Assist with the preparation of various corporate and consolidated processes including annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment analyses.
- Perform independent valuations for business, tangible and intangible assets and financial instruments including equity and debt securities by working with financial models including discounted cash flow.
- Support the external audit process.
- Assist with finance department transformation initiatives as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA, Master’s degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
- Experience dealing with technical reporting matters.
- Skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; ability to resolves a wide range of issues. Competent knowledge of FASB reporting requirements, accounting principles, tax reporting, and practices.
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles.
- Proficiency with Oracle ERP systems, Microsoft Office suite of products; advanced MS Excel skills. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, strict confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
To be considered for this position please register using the link Robert Half Direct.
Robert Half is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified
Consolidated Financial Statement
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: RHD
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm, with more than 345 locations in 20 countries. We have appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998 and also were named to Ethisphere’s 2013 list of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
Our experienced, knowledgeable staffing and recruiting professionals are committed to finding the right match for our clients and job candidates. We simplify the hiring process by combining the best technology with one-to-one personal service.
Our specialized staffing divisions include Accountemps®, Robert Half® Finance & Accounting and Robert Half® Management Resources, for temporary, full-time and senior-level project professionals, respectively, in the fields of accounting and finance; OfficeTeam®, for highly skilled temporary administrative support personnel; Robert Half® Technology, for information technology professionals; Robert Half® Legal, for legal personnel; and The Creative Group®, for interactive, design, marketing, advertising and public relations professionals.
Robert Half is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: RHI) and is a member of the S&P 500 index and the FTSE4Good Responsible Investment Index.
View the full profile