Saint Michael's Medical Center is a 358-bed regional tertiary-care, teaching and research center in the heart of Newark's business and educational district and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
*7,000-square-foot ED with 39 private treatment bays as well as two resuscitation rooms equipped with state-of-the art equipment.
* Facility accredited by The Joint Commission
* Prime Healthcare is an award-winning health system operating 45 hospitals in 14 states
* One of the nation's leading healthcare service providers with nearly 45,000 employees and physicians dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare
- Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice
- Directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry.
- Directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department
He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patients clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology
- Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality
1. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
2. Current and valid state RN License.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
6. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
7. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
8. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
9. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
KEYWORDS: Emergency RN, Registered Nurse, ED, Hospital, Emergency Department, ER, New Jersey, Prime Healthcare, Newark, Saint Michael's
If you would like more information please feel free to contact me!
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations