To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lynchburg, VA
- Kirsten Vest
- Phone: 540-745-4216 x4010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Care Manager
Wall Residences • Lynchburg, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Wall Residences is currently seeking a FT experienced Registered Nurse Care Manager for the Lynchburg – Danville, VA Region to provide quality health care to the individuals residing in our Sponsored Residential services and/or Group Homes. This will be done via nursing consultation, training, and nurse delegation that meets and/or exceeds best practices, Licensing requirements, Medicaid regulations and Wall Residences' policies and philosophies in a manner that is consistent person-centered practices. The RN Care Manager must practice according to the scope and standards of practice of the Registered Nurse as outlined in the Nurse Practice Act and other applicable laws and practice guidelines. Additional qualification would include being a certified Medication Administration Trainer for Virginia or willing to obtain at time of hire. This position would be required to teach medication administration courses in the area.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Promotion of Wall Residences philosophy, mission and values within and outside of the agency by way of networking, creating connections and leading efforts toward creating and supporting quality health care services for our clientele.
- Complete and submit all required documents in a timely manner.
- Model good use of organizational resources. This includes carpooling, combining trips, prevention of waste, etc.
- Maintain working order of computer and other technology.
- Maintain an active and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Virginia. A copy of this current license must be on file at Wall Residences central office.
- Develop nursing care plans and oversee the implementation of nursing care plans.
- Provide training as necessary to nursing and non-nursing staff to best meet individual care needs.
- Provide direct care in compliance with the practitioner's scope of practice and level of experience.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to staff concerning best practices, professionalism, respect and team building.
- If needed, provide emergency interventions until emergency responders arrive based on trainings and level of experience.
- Delegate care to other staff as deemed appropriate according to an individual's nursing care plan and staff level of experience and skills.
- Attend transition and referral meetings for potential individuals entering services. Use these meetings as an opportunity to assess for skilled nursing needs for nursing care plan development.
- Ensure the CMS-485 is accurately completed and signed by the physician at the beginning of service and as needed thereafter.
- Ensures that all documentation in the service meets licensing, legal and best practice requirements.
- Attend regional Program Manager and Provider meetings.
- Complete all required documentation of skilled nursing services provided.
- Work with the Director of Quality Assurance to develop strategic initiatives, training programs etc., to improve quality of services.
- Best practice in community as this is applied to vulnerable populations
- Principles and philosophy of community intellectual disability services
- Concepts of positive behavioral supports and person-centered thinking
- Specialized and general knowledge of the implementation of various individualized services
- Documentation systems that meet or exceed regulatory requirements
- Best Practice in Confidentiality and HIPAA Regulation
- All medically related regulatory policy to include Licensure, Human Rights, Wavier policy and other standards and laws and implementation of such
- Oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills as related to rapport with individuals receiving services, individual's families, representatives of other agencies and Wall Residences staff
Wall Residences employees are mandated reporters of abuse and neglect.
Wall Residences is an employee-owned company that offers a positive work environment and a competitive benefits package, which includes a company-sponsored health and dental plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA's), vision plan, group and voluntary life insurance, company paid short- and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) plan, ESOP, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and education assistance as well as wireless discounts with Verizon. Employees are also provided with generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
**NOTE: To be considered for this position, you must submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with your resume.
Wall Residences is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Hiring is dependent upon excellent references, and active driver’s license with a good driving record, and a criminal background check with acceptable results.
Required Licensure or Certification:
- Registered Nurse license for the state of Virginia