To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dulles, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Security Analyst
Staffing Headquarters • Dulles, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Security Engineer 1
6 Month Contract with possible extension or perm
The Technical Security Analyst mission is to deliver information security solutions and services to protect information assets, computing infrastructure, applications, and data.
The Analyst will work within the vulnerability management team helping to identify and mitigate risks.
The ideal candidate will have great interest in information security, has hands-on security engineering experience, and be able to come up with creative and unique solutions to security- related problems.
The Analyst will perform technical security engineering activities including the following:
● Perform vulnerability scan, analysis, validation and remediation activities.
● Perform network and application penetration testing.
● Validate vulnerabilities discovered through code analysis.
● Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of the environment's risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats.
● Engineer application, system and network security solutions to meet security requirements for varied operating environments.
● Research and assess new threats, vulnerability security trends and security alerts, recommend remedial action.
● Work with customers to oversee remediation of identified security issues.
● Perform technical and non-technical compliance activities.
● Provide security subject matter expertise to product teams including developers and system administrators.
● Perform security validation for configuration settings on different systems.
● Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of information security work experience.
● A strong interest in the field of information security.
● Fluent in a variety of web application protocols, operating systems and networking technologies.
● Strong understanding of common network vulnerabilities, OS vulnerabilities (Linux,
● Windows and OSX), patching and attack patterns.
● Intermediate understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities such as XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation among others.
● Strong analytical, problem solving and engineering skills.
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● Solid organizational skills and strong customer service skills.
● Experience with parsing / analysis of large data sets (e.g. vulnerability scan results).
● Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
● Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
● Familiarity with Enterprise Vulnerability Management tools such as Rapid 7 Nexpose, Nessus and Qualys. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) security.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Send resume to Jobs@staffinghq.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for job updates. https://www.linkedin.com/company/staffing-headquarters