· Assists in ensuring that the site complies with all pertinent HSE regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and/or other externally driven requirements.
· Assists in ensuring that the site complies with all pertinent Alcon and Novartis HSE Guidelines and associated Guidance Notes.
· Provides HSE services to the site in an effective and efficient manner.
· Provides assistance to the site's primary point of contact on HSE issues for regulatory authorities.
· Supports the development and maintenance of an effective and efficient HSE Management System and provides basic assistance for some of the supporting programs (e.g. Risk Assessments, Chemical Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Compliance, Occupational Health, Emergency Management and data reporting).
· Supports incident response procedures and reporting.
· Supports the risk management program for the site (e.g. Safety, Health and Environment Loss Prevention Reviews and Business Continuity).
· 4+ years of professional experience related to HSE.
· Degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, environmental science, occupational health and/or medicine, engineering or related field.
· Possesses an awareness of regulations and their impact on site operations. In case of ambiguity, is able to seek and follow direction from supervisor.
· Possesses an understanding of the "hierarchy of controls" principle as well as engineering and administrative controls.
· Able to effectively compare an operation against an inspection worksheet or checklist and identify performance gaps.
· Able to perform risk assessments of equipment, processes and chemicals.
· Understands incident response procedures and the incident/unified command structure based on site complexity and risk level.
Environmental Resource Management
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)