Compensation Consultant (Part-Time W-2 Basis)
URL blocked - click to apply HR Consultants work onsite with a prestigious portfolio of clients in the Washington DC metropolitan area. In a typical month, our consultants will work a blend of onsite work and work from home (consultants occasionally come to our office for meetings). As a Compensation Consultant, you will plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to respond to client needs and ensure competitive practices.
TPO believes passionately that every organization, no matter the size, deserves to benefit from great HR. Offering a full range of strategic consulting, outsourcing, interim, and on-call HR services, our consultants and data-driven tools empower clients to achieve extraordinary results through their people.
TPO’s clients are supported through the entire HR experience by our carefully chosen team. Our approach is to find the best and brightest HR professionals and provide them with the resources and infrastructure required to perform at the highest level. We work to develop an intimate understanding of the business objectives of our clients, and by doing this, we consistently deliver high-quality, service-enhancing solutions to our clients.
Responsibilities of the Compensation Consultant
- Meet with clients to understand their goals and compensation philosophy.
- Conduct compensation studies for clients including total cash market analysis, salary structures and guidance and recommendations.
- Create and/or update compensation policies, guidelines and procedures including plan revision. Also, create new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation philosophy of client.
- Meet with clients to present findings. Provide advice to clients on pay decisions and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Conduct Fair Labor Standards Act testing and advise clients on results and best practices.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Conduct and/or choose salary surveys to ensure client compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
Qualifications of the Compensation Consultant
- Must reside in the D.C. metro area and be available to go onsite to clients in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
- Advanced Excel user; proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to compensation base and incentive programs, company policies, and operations.
- Human resources experience a plus
Attributes of the Compensation Consultant
- Analytical and strategic. Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Change management expertise. Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Willing to listen and articulate a clear vision. A model of tact and discretion.
- Intellectually curious. Eager to understand the unique culture that exists in the organizations you serve. Aware of best practices of other organizations and external market conditions.
- Service oriented, accountable, and creative. Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization, identify creative solutions, and own your recommendations. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Approachable, flexible, and responsive. Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Self-confident and relationship-driven. Ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with clients. Must demonstrate excellent judgment and know “where to draw the line."
What’s Attractive to the Right Compensation Consultant Candidate?
- We recognize the importance of flexibility and understand that not everyone wants or needs a full-time commitment. Working part-time for TPO, you will have flexibility to arrange work schedules that meet both client and personal needs.
- Your work will be challenging and critical to the success of the organizations you support.
- Our environment is one of highly dedicated professionals who are engaged in making a difference in all that we do.
- TPO provides a collegial team environment and continuous professional development.
To Apply for the Compensation Consultant position:
Simply email your resume with salary history to email@example.com with “TPO - Compensation Consultant" as the subject of the email.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.