JT4 is hiring a Designer / Drafter for their Edwards Air Force Base location in Lancaster, CA.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
The Designer provides high level CAE support at the project level for various engineering sections preparing designs, working drawings, cost analysis and feasibility in the exploitation of mechanical and electronic systems. Working efforts have an impact on the adequacy and capabilities of design to include safety, economy, efficiency, types and systems to be developed or installed.
- Works under minimum supervision and with considerable latitude for independent action, provides design coordination and direction for major projects and/or product development.
- Works from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions to design, develop and create complex electromechanical designs, products and system exploitation.
- Collaborates with engineering staff to interpret design concepts; the employee performs original design work and may be given complete responsibility for large complex design projects.
- Performs complex calculations and works with advanced FEA data sets to verify specifications, size/material selection and overall design parameters.
- Performs a high degree of visualization, motion analysis, and simulation to insure functionality as required.
- Specifies components with a broad understanding of design requirements, objectives and availability.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, materials, interchangeability, replace ability, service ability, tooling and equipment. Makes studies of concept feasibility, manufacturing options and costing estimates.
- Reviews work in progress to ensure conformance with plans and makes recommendations as to the suitability of new processes, methods.
- Evaluates results and prepares operational reports and recommends changes in procedures.
- Makes studies of concept feasibility, manufacturing options and costing estimates. Reviews work in progress to ensure conformance with plans and makes recommendations as to the suitability of new processes and methods.
- Studies engineering texts, periodicals, manufacture's publications and other technical material to obtain pertinent data and specifications for design development.
- Provides direction and mentoring to lower level designers and drafting personnel, coordinating, assigning and checking their work.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in design, drafting or an engineering field or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of design experience with at least 2 years’ experience working at an engineering level as a technical authority or project leader. Design experience can be a combination of direct design experience, advance design drafting, or schooling.
- Must demonstrate mastery of design principles and concepts applicable to a full range of engineering duties and the ability to apply advanced engineering practices and methods to perform complex design work such as: the specification of materials, components, finishes, fasteners, practical fabrication techniques and a working knowledge of mechanisms and prime movers. Design work requires individual creativity and the application of a broad skill set of advanced drafting tools such as: CAD modeling, visualization, CAM workflow and Finite Element Analysis.
- Knowledge of all MIL-SPEC/STDs preferred.
- Experience developing and preparing communication closet layouts and connection points, Cat6 and Fiber Optic cable and cable management system infrastructure layouts, Network equipment rack layouts, system and sub-system device and equipment layouts and connection points, system operational view drawings, master control room layouts and connection points, physical network design drawings and logical network design drawings.
- Must be proficient in using computer equipment, CCM measuring tools and prototyping routines. Must possess expert level oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Experience working with communication and networking systems in a MILCON environment desired.
- Must possess a valid, state issued driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting (up to 30 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Travel to remote working locations may be required.
Computer Aided Engineering (Cae)