To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Frederick, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. • Frederick, MD
Posted 2 months ago
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc operations. Value is added by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes with Leidos Biomedical Research. The Internal Audit Department will accomplish this mission by planning and executing a risk based schedule of audits and performing consulting services as the opportunity present themselves. Compliance with Leidos Biomedical Research policies is the responsibility of management. Internal Audit is responsible for testing compliance and reporting to management the findings. Leidos Biomedical's Financial Management Directorate oversees all financial planning and management activities for the Operations and Technical Support (OTS) contract.
- Performs risk based internal audits of various departments within Leidos Biomed to include reviews of labor, purchasing, payroll, travel, inventory and equipment, and research subcontracts
- Ability to follow pre-established audit guidelines and instructions reviewing subcontracts. Perform audits of cost reimbursement and time and material (T & M) contracts to verify costs are in compliance with contract terms and conditions and allowable per the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). This process includes examining reports, receipts, invoices, statements and other documents as support for transactions
- Audits for procedural, statutory, program compliance or operational effectiveness
- Review travel for compliance with Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) in Deltek T&E system
- Awareness of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) procedures, T&M contracts, Cost Reimbursable contracts, FAR part 31 – allowable costs, Deltek Costpoint and Deltek T&E
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Internal Audit
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college/ university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of three (3) years of general accounting and/or auditing experience is required
- Proficiency in accounting and auditing principles and practices, procedures, and methods, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) not required but preferred
- Candidate must be detailed oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)