Director of Benefits and Compensation paying up to $130K for a national corporation in the Boca Raton area. This position will be responsible for managing the benefits function, designing, recommending, and implementing benefit programs that align to the organizational goals and budget, while ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and laws. The Director of Benefits and Compensation will also be managing the daily administration of all compensation plans, reconciles issues and frequently audits the compensation practices for accuracy.
Manages and coordinates employee benefits programs for the company. Ensures that benefit plans are effectively administered; investigates and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Ensures plan documents and procedures are up to date.
- Researches employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value. Designs, recommends and implements new company approved benefits programs.
- Designs and distributes materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions. Develops communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Manages vendor and third-party administrator performance; coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration. Ensures that bills and claims are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensures prompt and accurate compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and laws. Ensures the timely preparation and submission of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Coordinates company benefits with government- sponsored programs.
- Assists in the development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyzes union benefits demands. Assist with preparing cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- Manages company-wide compensation programs, processes, policy, systems, tools, analysis, reporting, communications and education.
- Responsible for the administration of the company’s 401(k) and defined benefit plans.
- Responsible for the timely processing of all compensation transactions outlined in current collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
- Develops, implements, and manages sales commission plans.
- Responsible for the administration of incentive programs, severances, bonuses, and salary structure adjustments. Facilitate the annual performance management, compensation, and merit process.
- Manages the administration of executive compensation including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions.
- Researches and understands the current and upcoming competitive markets for employee pay. Provides ongoing job benchmarking, compensation survey assessment and analysis, and competitive market intelligence and insight to Company’s business leaders.
- Assists in maintaining compensation related data in system. Recommends automation enhancements to facilitate continued improvements to the process.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Provides expertise on Wage & Hour employment laws and regulations such as FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, and Equal Pay Act. Facilitate adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by providing counsel to management. Identify areas of non-compliance and work with management to take corrective action.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field, and 7+ years of employee benefits administration experience.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is also required
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Must be well versed in compensation theory/practice, and in local, state and federal laws and regulations such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, minimum wage, overtime and record keeping requirements as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated consulting and leadership skills, including ability to make decisions to ensure effective achievement of objectives
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems
- Must be organized with an ability to manage workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented with strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective time management
- Ability to learn and maintain confidentiality
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Fair Labor Standards Act
Employee Retirement Income Security Act
This salary was provided in the Job Posting.
This salary is
the average salary range of $55,504-$180,880 for this role in this location
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.