I. JOB SUMMARY
Service Techs must be able to complete diagnosis of any mechanical, electrical, or other various failures/breakdowns of a truck or its related equipment. This position will also perform disassembly, repair, and reassembly of truck engines, transmissions, carrier assemblies, clutches, brakes, electrical systems, and any other truck or related equipment
II. ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Uses all tools of trade, including precision instruments, shop machines.
- Able to read and understand technical publications, including service manuals and service bulletins and is able to use information contained in them to do their own work and to assist others concerning the content.
- Must be able to determine usability of all component parts and must be able to list and order all needed parts using the dealer management system.
- Must be able to complete work accurately and timely as outlined in published time standards manual.
- Must be able to write a good description of all work performed on each individual repair using the dealer management system.
- Ability to perform all aspects of the job safely and in accordance with OSHA and Bruckner’s rules and regulations expressed and implied.
- Understands the importance of attendance and punctuality and how they affect customer service.
- Is a good steward of company tools and resources.
III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma desired.
- Minimum 2 years as a mechanic.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Must be able to read and write in English and understand computer generated reports, office reports, invoices, etc.
- Must be able to operate various computer diagnostic devices, PC’s and laptops.
- Involves essential ability to maneuver around, in, on and under trucks in order to properly inspect and diagnose all types of problems and repairs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist and 25 pounds to the shoulder.
- Achieves and maintains certifications as required by the company, the OEM’s or by Federal Law.
- The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Due to the urgency of some repairs, this position contains some level of stress and requires the ability to handle multiple tasks smoothly.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance.
- We act with honesty and integrity
- We value our people and communities
- We are customer focused
- We do what it takes
NOTES : This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirement, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Keywords: Diesel OR Trucking OR Dealership OR ADP OR Mack OR Volvo OR Caterpillar OR Allison OR Cummins OR Dealer OR Heavy Equipment OR Trailer OR Truck Sales OR Deal Sheet OR Class A OR CDK OR Frame Shop OR Foreman OR Leasing OR Service OR Warranty OR Parts OR Office OR Semi Truck OR Mechanic OR Google Jobs OR Career OR B2B Outside Sales OR Sales Representative OR Commercial Sales, OR Fabrication