The Linux Administrator will use his/her skills in system administration, networking and scripting to streamline Technical Operations tasks and infrastructure delivery and maintenance. The Technical Operations team works closely with security, engineering, development, and technical support teams to maintain security and availability of platforms and influence progressive methodologies to solving organizational challenges.
Govolution is a top-tier payment service provider whose clients include Federal and state governments, counties and municipalities, large banks, hospitals, and commercial clients. Our premier transaction processing platform, The Velocity Payment System, provides payment services including online bill, terminal and kiosk, Internet, portal, Integrated Voice Response (IVR), Customer Service Representative (CSR), and gateway.
In this position, you will support enhancing the efficiency, security, software and patch delivery, and availability of this platform. If you like to wear a lot of hats, influence progressive architectures, love solving technical challenges, and can work both independently and collaboratively with a corporate team this is the job for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparative experience
- 3+ years work-related experience. Extraordinary graduate or undergraduate accomplishments considered
- Solid Linux system administration skills
- Solid understanding of network security concepts
- Scripting knowledge, preferably Bash, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Oracle WebLogic application deployment and configuration
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to learn new technologies and keep up with rapid change
Windows Server 2008