Shriners Hospitals for Children - Salt Lake City is an acute pediatric orthopaedic specialty hospital. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care to children with a multitude of orthopaedic and neuromusculoskeletal conditions, regardless of the ability to pay. You will function as a critical member of our hospital's team and work towards the goals of Shriners Hospital for Children.
We are hiring a Full Time Clinical Research Coordinator to help in our clinical research department. The Clinical Research Coordinator should be acquainted with all aspects of clinical research including a basic understanding of local, state, and federal regulations as they pertain to the conduct of clinical research. Requires proven proficiency database management, data organization, computer report generation, word processing and other required software programs. Superior interpersonal and communication skills are mandatory. Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize quickly and efficiently. Flexible, self-directed work habits with the capacity to learn and adapt to varied situations. Must maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Shriners Offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and FSA medical and dependent care accounts. Our packages also include a 403b retirement savings with a match, tuition reimbursement, subsidized public transportation, and life insurance coverage.
Provides support of clinical research efforts by ensuring compliance with IRB protocols
- Remains current with regulatory (IRB, HQ, state, federal, and TJC) requirements related to research and recommends appropriate action when changes are indicated.
Organizing and coordinating the research process
- Supports the research efforts of the hospital by assisting with protocol, development, subject recruitment (identifying and screening potential subjects or their records), data collection and analysis and literature reviews.
Administrative support of studies
- Prepares master trial file and individual subject files for each study if applicable.
- Prepares case report forms and other documents as necessary for individual studies.
Assisting medical staff, residents, fellows and medical students with all aspects of the research process
- Upon direction from the PI, accurately prepares IRB applications, addendums, renewals, and study closure documentation for research activities.
Maintaining research data
- Maintains research related essential documents in accordance with hospital policy and federal regulations.
Provides support services to the Medical Staff Office as necessary
- Helps support the peer - review and evaluation process of the Medical Staff in data analysis and reporting.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to work independently and well with others. Must be organized and give attention to detail. Strong ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines. Proficiency in mathematics, to include calculating statistics. Must be able to observe confidentiality and HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or research related field preferred
- One year of Research experience required
- One year of Medical record data collection and statistical reporting and analysis preferred
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), Certified Clinical Research PRofessional (CCRP), or Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification preferred
Customer Service Skills