To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Contract Billing
Creative Financial Staffing • Washington, DC
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a nonprofit organization and they are looking to add a government contract biller. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. This is a contract position that will last at least until the end of the year. There is a chance the position could become permanent as well. Pay is $28/hr.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GOVERNMENT CONTRACT BILLER:
- Generate government invoices using PeopleSoft
- Reconcile and analyze revenue and unbilled amounts
- Assist with collections of outstanding invoices
- Support customers through ad-hoc data collecting and reporting
- General ledger account analysis and reconciliation
- Gather data such as purchase orders, sales tickets, and charge slips, to compile needed data.
- Enter information into computer or computes amounts due.
- Generate credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly billed merchandise.
- Generate credit forms for customers or finance companies.
- Post transactions to general ledger.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE GOVERNMENT CONTRACT BILLING ROLE:
- Government contract billing required; at least 2 years experience
- Knowledge of FAR and OMB Circulars
- Billing, collections, and accounts receivable experience
- Experience submitting invoices in systems like WAWF
- Contracts experience (CPFF, T&M, FFP)
- PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and CAS standards
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Clear background check required
Please email your resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: billing, invoicing, invoice, accounts receivable, AR, accounting, government contract billing, FFP, CPFF, T&M, PeopleSoft, FAR, OMB Circulars, WAWF, contracts