Our client, an expanding manufacturing and machining facility in western NY, is searching for a highly qualified Manufacturing Engineer to join their ever-growing team.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods used in the production of heat transfer units. The successful Manufacturing Engineer will have internal relationships with Executives, Management, Supervisors, Manufacturing Personnel, Sales Personnel, Production Planning Personnel, Purchasing Personnel, Administrative Staff and external relationships with Aerospace Customers, Defense Customers, Government Agencies, and Vendors.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate manufacturing processes used in the production of heat transfer units.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze detailed layouts of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Analyze work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow. Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Partner with Management, Sales department, Engineering department, Production department, Production Planning department, Vendors, and/or Customers regarding product specifications, materials, quality standards, manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Design, develop, and test tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Partner with Purchasing department to determine which product specifications meet company specifications and quality standards. Notify Purchasing department of need to initiate procurement procedures.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Knowledge, understanding, compliance, and enforcement of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Customer and the Company’s standards, policies, and procedures.
- Secondarily, the Manufacturing Engineer will also make recommendations to implement improved processes, provide feedback to management concerning possible problem or areas of improvement, and perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent in relevant work experience required. Masters Degree preferred.
- 3 years related manufacturing engineering experience required. 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in a fabricated metal product manufacturing environment required. Hands-on experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Solidworks experience preferred.
- Computer Programming ( C++, BASIC, Matlab ) skills required.
- Finite Element Analysis ( FEM ) required. ( COSMOS preferred )
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CAD application principles required.
- CNC machine programming.
- High proficiency personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Knowledge of vacuum brazing; preferably high temperature.
- Product testing experience.
- Shop floor interface experience.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Manufacturing / Office environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Occasional travel required.
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Engineer for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Engineer | [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Engineer
Continuous Improvement Process
Engineering Design Process