To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merced, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Merced, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Are you ready to help ensure our Commitment to Caring? We are a not-for-profit with a mission to assist children, youth, adults and families by empowering and supporting them in becoming stronger and healthier individuals, families, and communities.
We are currently looking for a Case Manager in Merced who is ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
Essential Job Functions:
- Physical capability to lift over 20 pounds, and engage in physical activity including sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Be conversant in the philosophy, techniques and language of an educational school environment.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others, including supervisors.
- Ability to protect and honor individual integrity through confidentiality.
- Ability to instruct small groups of children Kindergarten to 12th grade in Second Step/Why Try curriculum.
- Effectively use de-escalation skills and techniques for crisis prevention.
- Instruct Second Step/Why Try curriculum to students through a systematic selection process that are experiencing mild to moderate school adjustment difficulties.
- Working with direct, close supervision, instruct children (from a variety of age groups, socio-economic and racial backgrounds, and geographic settings) on core social and emotional skills to prevent violence and aggressive behavior, improve academic performance and enhance life skills.
- Participate in weekly training and be observed weekly to ensure continuity and quality of services.
- Establish rapport and warm, meaningful relationships with referred students.
- Talk with students and establish an atmosphere to encourage their expression of feelings and ideas.
- Help build confidence in students through small group interactions.
- Provide feedback to program team, including principal, teachers and other school personnel.
- Attend all staff meetings/trainings.
- Participate with school personnel and/or consultants in selection, progress, exit, and other conferences concerning, both in the school and in community agencies.
- Assist in student selection and evaluation
- Assist with program record keeping.
- Must implement program goals and objectives to meet and maintain contractual requirements and productivity.
- Any BBS registrations must remain current and active.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available, utilize the chain of command.
- Report any suspected dependent adult/elder abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available, utilize the chain of command.
- Report any imminent danger to self or danger to others to direct supervisor or if not available, utilize the chain of command.
- Everyone who works in the organization has responsibilities for preventing and controlling infection.
- Other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Sound personal qualifications (i.e. maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health).
- A genuine caring of and commitment to the clients of Sierra Vista Child & Family Services.
- Ability to work with multicultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with less than 2 minor driving violations.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.