To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1175 East 90th Street
Davenport, IA 52807
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer – Mechanical Engineer – 2 Positions
Geometric Americas Inc, an HCL Company • Davenport, IA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Project Engineer – Mechanical Design – 2 Positions
Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors prior to implementation.
Skills and Competencies
- Creativity, strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
- Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Advanced ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field
- Research, design, and development of test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D modeling, 2D Engineering drawing, PTC Creo and ProE strongly preferred, and GD&T
- Knowledge of various manufacturing methods of plastics and metals (fabrication, forming, casting, forging, etc.)
- Good to Advanced understanding of Solid Mechanics and Mechanics of Machines
Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, along with zero to two years of relevant experience.