Marvin Test Solutions is a premier aerospace Test & Measurement company located in Irvine, California. MTS is growing and needs qualified test engineers for a several new programs involving test system and TPS development.
You will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment designing and integrating test systems and Test Program Sets (TPS) for commercial and military electronic systems and sub-systems. Your daily activities will include design and integration of hardware and software.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, configure, and manufacture customized ATE systems and Test Program Sets development.
- Perform circuit analysis of complex systems, sub-systems, LRUs and SRUs to identify the necessary system resources for test system development.
- Established all HW and SW requirements for test systems, ITAs, cables and harnesses using COTS items when possible. Select and procure materials and parts.
- Generate required documentation, test procedures, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Participate in PDRs, CDRs and ATPs (Acceptance Test Procedures) with project teams and customers.
- Work closely with Program Management, Project team members, Software engineers, Mechanical engineers, PCB designers, and engineering technicians to fabricate test system assemblies, cables and harnesses assemblies, perform system validations, perform TPS generation (functional and in-circuit testing), test fixture design, test code generation, system and test program integration, and system acceptance for delivery.
- Perform hands-on test code generation, HW/SW debug, integration, fault isolation and diagnostics.
- Provide training and customer support on delivered systems. Perform test system and test program set installations and acceptance tests on site and at customer sites.
Marvin Test Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. The company offers a competitive benefits package & an exciting work environment. Please email your resume to URL blocked - click to apply or fax to Phone number blocked - click to apply.
Required Technical experience/knowledge: (no need to apply if you don’t meet these minimum requirements):
- BSEE or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of analog & digital electronic circuits
- Design circuits using schematic capture packages such as Altium, Orcad, Cadence, etc. (3 years minimum)
- Proficient with standard test instrumentation and equipment such as DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Function Generators, Data Acquisition Systems, DIO…
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and present technical data and engineering reports to development team members and customers.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Limited travel maybe required
Preferred experience and knowledge:
- Designing analog and digital circuits
- Developing TPSs for microprocessor-based circuits
- Developing TPSs for MIL-STD-1553/MIL-STD-1760 products
- Ability to undertake a full TPS development project
- Windows-based test software development with design tools such as, ATLAS, ATEasy, LabView, Visual Basic, Visual C++, LabWindows, etc. (5 years minimum)
- Proficient with Microsoft's suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).