To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hartford, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Thomas Byrne Associates • Hartford, CT
Posted 2 months ago
Do you have 7-10 years of Controller experience within a manufacturing setting and a solid understanding of cost accounting? Our client is not only looking for a Controller with a proven track record of accounting accomplishments but one that has a genuine curiosity to understand and collaborate with all facets of the business. We have a fantastic opportunity for you with a unique company offering a great culture and cohesive team of professionals! The Plant Controller position is a hands-on role which requires wearing multiple hats.
What will you do as the Plant Controller?
- The primary focus of this role will be to manage and improve the effectiveness of the day to day operations for the Accounting and IT functions.
o This includes performing month-end processes, balance sheet reconciliations, cash management, government contract oversight, sales reporting/forecasting, budget scheduling and setting performance targets and tactical plans.
· As part of the Senior Leadership Team, set strategic direction and performance targets to ensure successful business outcomes.
· Demonstrate your interpersonal effectiveness via collaboration with multiple business units to achieve company goals.
o Collaborate with Marketing & Engineering departments on new product development launches.
· Showcase your leadership skills through continuous mentorship and development of financial staff.
· Initiate continuous improvement projects for the betterment of the organization.
What do you need to succeed?
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business combined with 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A strong cost accounting background is a must!
- Significant knowledge of GAAP reporting/FASB, J-Sox, Government FAR.
- Must have a thorough understanding of government contract administration.
- Proficient understanding of business/ERP systems (JDE or SAP highly preferred).
- CMA/CPA and/or MBA preferred.