ACT Consulting has an immediate need for a Network Technician with our direct client located in New York, NY. Please take a moment to review the job description. If this is something you are interested in, please send a copy of your resume to Email blocked - click to apply or contact us at Phone number blocked - click to apply for additional details.
ACT Consulting is a U.S. owned and operated staffing company providing our clients with candidates on a national basis for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire engagements. Our clients are comprised mostly of Fortune 1000 companies, primarily in the areas of Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, Accounting and Finance.
Title: Network Technician
Location: NYC- One block from Penn Station
Pay Rate: negotiable depending on experience
Seeking a computer network technician with the following abilities or knowledge: The ability to install, configure, operate, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and diagnose PCs, servers, network hardware, network software, SQL databases and other peripheral equipment.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to management.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Designing and installing well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues and make repairs and perform scheduled updates
- Partner with the IT team to ensure that security software is properly installed on employee computers
- Provide technical support to clients through various channels of communication
- Inspect cable lines to ensure that they are intact and working optimally
- Field questions from employees about software installation and hardware upgrades
- Has experience with Citrix and VPN troubleshooting and problem solving
- Has experience with SQL databases
Installations (Computer Systems)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving