Frost Brown Todd LLC, a regional law firm of 1000+ legal professionals and staff in thirteen markets located throughout the Midwest, Dallas, TX and Pittsburgh, PA is currently searching for a legal secretary with a minimum of five years’ previous corporate experience to join our Louisville Office. This position will provide legal and administrative support for a minimum of three attorneys in the Louisville Office, with a focus on Business Combinations and Capital Transactions, Franchising, Finance, Real Estate, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Wealth and Estate Planning
The position requires an experienced corporate legal secretary with exceptional skills, including excellent administrative, communication and organizational skills. The candidate should have previous experience assisting attorneys with real estate transactions, buy/sell agreements, entity formations, franchise agreements, and tax issues as well as wills, trusts and estate matters. The candidate must have experience with electronic filing. The team player we seek must possess exceptional MS Word and intermediate level MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as exceptional grammar, spelling, proofreading and attention to detail skills and a typing speed of 65 WPM. This individual must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks and become an integral part of client service. The position requires the ability to work well individually or in a team environment. Maintaining a positive, can-do attitude is of equal importance to our environment. Professionalism and flexibility are a must.
Frost Brown Todd is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Frost Brown Todd to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting corporate and/or transactional attorneys.
- Tax, wealth and estate planning experience would be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of court procedures and rules in Kentucky; ability to record and file documents either electronically or in person.
- Exceptional electronic and traditional file management skills. Filing must be maintained daily.
- Ability to draft conveyance and corporate documents (deeds, assignments, officer’s certificates, etc.).
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Innovative thinking - must be able to anticipate needs to successfully manage demands.
- Proficient with drafting of routine letters and other documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exemplary organization and attention to detail skills.
- A flexible and team-oriented disposition.
- Proofreading - this person is the final quality control before a document reaches our client.
- Advanced skills in MS Word; working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience in billing clients and working with proformas.
- Experience working with NetDocs and Aderant Programs considered a plus.
Frost Brown Todd offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement plans.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume (as .doc, .docx, .rtf or .pdf attachment) along with a cover letter using the "apply now" link. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We respectfully request no agencies or candidate phone calls at this time.
Attention To Detail
Mergers And Acquisitions