POSITION SUMMARY: At the general cargo operation, the Laborer is responsible for assisting in the loading and unloading of vessels and the movement of various cargoes throughout the terminal.
Must be able to obtain a TWIC card ( Transportation Workers Identification Credential) we have assistance with getting a card.
Will work on or near water at shipping Terminals! Must be comfortable being on vessel and supply vessels.
Work is 12Hr Shift 7am to 7 pm or 7 pm to 7am.
Must have reliable transportation to Arabi Terminals
Or port of New Orleans Terminal
We work as a contractor so some weeks may be busier than others. We work when called to work to off load ships and barges. We have work at TWO different terminals. Arabi and Port of NewOrleans
Laborer, Clerk and forklift operators available positions
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for handling of various cargoes within the vessels and warehouses
- Inspect cables and various rigging components of the equipment
- May perform minor maintenance on equipment and other machinery
- Responsible for providing directional signals to crane operators (Flagging)
- Responsible for lubrication of all equipment
- General rigging
- Sweep and clean decks, warehouse, and ship holds and ensure proper housekeeping standards
- Clear all walking areas of trip hazards and dangerous materials
- Clean excess oil/grease from equipment and work area
- Movement of cargoes throughout the terminal facility
- Fuel Equipment as necessary
- Work with hand tools (shovels, sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc)
- Report ALL incidents through company’s reporting protocol
- Support company safety initiatives
- Demonstration of knowledge of all required competencies
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be able to read/write/communicate in English
- Able to use basic math skills
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must be able to work rotational shift work
- Able to perform minor/routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Freight Forwarding