To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55445
- Abdul. A
- Phone: (732) 272 0298
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal Design Engineer
Posted 2 months ago
Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for Principal Design Engineer in Brooklyn Park, MN with one of our top client.
Job Title: Principal Design Engineer
Job Id: 19-04938
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Duration: 12 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bio Materials or equivalent. The following experience criteria are preferred.
- Exceptions to the criteria may be allowed for candidates that meet combinations of criteria or have additional exceptional skill sets.
- At least ten (10) years of complex mechanical design experience.
- Should be an expert designing complex mechanisms and enclosures for high volume production.
- At least 3 years’ experience in design development of single use electrosurgical medical devices.
- Extensive experience in the testing and selection of material for biocompatibility and sterilization, especially plastics.
- Working knowledge of applicable FDA and ISO standards and electrical safety requirements.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must have a sense of ownership and a desire to follow a project from inception to full production.
- Extensive knowledge of Solid Works design package.
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project required.
- Relationships: Internal: Must interact to some degree with almost every department in the company.
- Will often interact with sales, marketing, R&D, RA, QA, product evaluation (independent testing) and manufacturing.
- External: Extensive contact with clinicians, universities, labs, consultants, and vendors.
- Major responsibilities are to design complex mechanisms, enclosures, tooling and fixturing for high volume, single use electrosurgical devices.
- This including designing for high reliability, injection molding, thermo forming, manufacturability, electrical safety and low cost.
- Selection of materials that meet biocompatibility requirements.
- Selection of material that can be gamma or EO sterilized.
- Work directly with Marketing to define product specifications.
- Develop product verification testing requirements, testing protocols and testing reports to ensure product meet specification.
- Act as a design consultant, as needed, to other departments, customers, and sales people. Investigates critical product design problems on demand.
- All Other Essential Duties as directed.
- CAD = Solid works only
- Hand held surgical device experience a plus
- RF ablation or coagulation experience a huge plus
- Class II experience
- Thorough knowledge of V&V
- Stats = basic working knowledge of Minitab
Direct: (732) 272 0298 | Email: Abdul.A@sunrisesys.com
Direct: (732) 272 0265 | Michael@sunrisesys.com