To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portsmouth, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance (Qa) Manager(NDT III)
NSC Technologies • Portsmouth, VA
Posted 27 days ago
QA Manager Job Description
NSC Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an QA Manger for a great organization. This is a contract opportunity that includes competitive salary and great benefits. The QA Manager is to provide Quality Assurance support for maintenance actions on-board naval ships in compliance with NAVSEA Standard Items and all other contract requirements. The ideal candidate will have previous project management and supervisory experience as well.
Work Location: Norfolk, VA.
QA Manager Job Requirements
- Ensure all maintenance, planning, reporting and other activities comply with NAVSEA Standard Items 009-04 and all other contractual requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilize work specifications, develop and maintain test and inspection plans (TIP). The TIP will include all checkpoints/callouts within the work spec and any applicable checkpoints/callouts in referenced Standard Items. Revise and update the TIP throughout the availability to include any added, revised or canceled work items, etc.
- Maintain objective quality evidence.
- Certify the completion of maintenance tasks and report status of all efforts.
- Assist in condition found report (CFR), fully describe the customer requirements including the quality (i.e. system, processes, test and technical documentation).
- Conduct random, frequent spot checks of subcontractors and employee performance of tasks to ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental protection requirements.
- Conduct in-process inspections and surveillances of ship’s work progress/welding, prepare, review and maintain NDT records and welding PCPs, conduct nondestructive testing as required, and provide repair recommendations of welds: Facilities Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Navy PMS requirements and PCP’s. Maintain ship project records and prepare reports as required.
- Specialize in the performance of or project representative over operations established to certify critical elements of structural, mechanical, and electrical Shipyard operations and inspections supporting the quality and reliability of products in accordance with local and NAVSEA requirements.
- Coordinate individual projects considering quality requirements and production schedules, and accomplish these tasks, or direct the efforts of assigned individuals which may include subordinate Quality Assurance Specialists and inspectors.
- Functions as a Quality Assurance Office project representative on local ship project teams and as the designated Shipyard Quality Representative at off-yard sites.
Requirements of the QA Inspector - NDT III (Navy Ship Repair):
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a credential
- Structural welding, and / or NDT experience, blueprint reading.
- Shipboard inspection experience and Navy background, ISO knowledge, and computer skills in Word, Excel and Access. -Minimum of 10 years experience and/or combination of education and experience (Navy/Marine Engineering related).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, CONTACT A RECRUITER
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Competitive pay
- Medical Coverage
- Long Term Opportunities
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.