To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Independence Realty Trust • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Independence Realty Trust, LLC (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently employing more than 450 employees, managing over 17,000 multi-family units, 60 multi-family communities in 17 markets. We’re anticipating tremendous growth and opportunity over the next few years. To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
We're currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator in our Chicago loop office.
Our Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for administrative back end payroll functions, on-boarding and will be the primary contact for all benefits administration and enrollments. This position serves as a liaison between the benefit carriers and employees to address any employee related payroll and/or benefits challenges.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with biweekly payroll.
- Enter new hires and other relevant employment changes in HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now)
- Review and audit time off accruals, annual enrollment deductions and pay increases or other relevant pay changes.
- Follow up on all new hire paperwork for compliance/audits; working closely with all HR staff.
- Must have expert knowledge in employee benefits and the ability to analyze and compare plans, explain benefits in to employees in order to facilitate decisions at both the management and employee levels.
- Create vendor requested benefits census and other data entry accurately.
- Reconcile benefit vendor invoices to HRIS system and follow-up with vendors as needed.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships.
- Review data entry and follow up with vendors and staff as required in order to meet payroll deadlines.
- Enroll eligible new hires in benefits, by explaining organization's plan in an easy to understand but detailed manner.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all employees regarding benefits.
- Manage annual enrollment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- One to two years Human Resources experience
- Mid-level knowledge of HRIS, payroll using (ADP or equivalent)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Strong initiative, follow up and time management skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and deadlines required
- Ability to prioritize but also follow direction and work independently towards a solution i.e. creative thinker
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the organization C Suite to entry level
- Mid-level Excel (data manipulation and analysis)
- Knowledge of government compliance and audits is helpful.