To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8929 Parallel Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66112
- Sarah Janssen
- Phone: 913-596-4302
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nurse Navigator - RN
Providence Medical Center • Kansas City, KS
Posted 1 month ago
Providence is a community hospital affiliated with Prime Healthcare. Providence is also affiliated with Saint John Hospital, located in Leavenworth, Kan. More than 1,400 skilled and qualified individuals provide nursing, medical and support services. Staff along with about 200 devoted volunteers help us serve the health needs of Wyandotte, Leavenworth and northern Johnson counties and surrounding areas.
Providence is also certified as a Medicare/Medicaid provider and approved to accept many major health insurance plans.
Providence does not discriminate with regard to race, color, age, national origin, disability, sex or religion in admitting or providing services and programs to patients/clients.
Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organization tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides Information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services. Responsibilities include but not limited to assistance with the delivery of coordination, monitoring the goals of the patient, and documenting health status.
Works with a designated caseload of patients within the associated practice groups. Supporting targeted interventions to avoid hospitalization and emergency room visits. Coordinates care across settings and helps patient/families understand health care goals.
- Current Kansas RN License as required by location.
- Registered Nurse experience - Two years of experience with adult medicine and pediatric patients in primary care/ambulatory care, home health agency, skilled nursing facility, or hospital medical-surgical setting, within the past three years.
- Knowledge of chronic conditions, evidence based guidelines, prevention, wellness, health risk, and patient education.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to analyze complex data sets. Ability to identify complex clinical issues utilizing assessment skills and protocols.
- Demonstrates excellent communication--both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to affect change, work as a productive and effective team member, and adapt to changing needs/priorities.
- Time management, priority setting, and work organization skills.
- Effective computer skills.
- Care management experience preferred.
- Experience as participant in continuous quality improvement preferred.
- Completion of self-management support training preferred.