With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We’re currently looking for a Late Stage Collections Supervisor to join our team in Irving, TX.
This role will be responsible for: Supervises collections representatives in any of the following work units: automated call distributor (ACD), predictive dialer, or regional and lease collections. Controls and reports varying degrees of delinquencies, as well as repossessions, charge-offs, and losses. Tests and develops collections systems.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Monitors service levels to meet department standards, and budgeted delinquency goals. Assists in the development of new standards of agent performance and quality.
- Minimizes losses due to repossessions, charge-offs, and related expenses. Reduces the numbers of delinquent or repossessed consumer leases and loans. Authorizes approvals for extensions, waivers and late fees per authority guidelines. Escalates stronger collection action on seriously delinquent accounts.
- Collaborates with business system developers to improve performance and efficiency of systems applications.
- Resolves escalated disputes, and preserves and improves relationships. Corresponds with customers and others on miscellaneous inquiries. Creates new telephone tactics, reports, record selections, and call queues for the work unit. Coordinates escalated delinquency activities with repossession agents, attorneys, insurance agencies, and law enforcement. Approves repossessions and maintains contractor files.
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure licenses, insurance policies, bonds, and fees are in compliance with specifications detailed in the contractor agreement.
- Management Accountabilities: Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
- Job Knowledge and Skill: Knowledge of consumer collections techniques, business practices, and related state and federal regulations. Good oral and written communications, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience: Eight or more years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, plus one or more years of directly related professional level experience.
- Supervisory Experience: One to two years in a work leader role coordinating the work of other employees or contractors. This includes training new employees, assigning work, and checking the timeliness and quality of work. May have provided input into performance reviews. Most time in work leader role would have been spent performing work similar to that performed by the people whose activities the position coordinates.
- Education: Professional Certification (e.g. call center specialist-CIAC, etc.) or an AA degree. Consider equivalent related college or technical courses, seminars and in-house classroom training.
- Computer Skills: Thorough computer knowledge such as word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to resolve complex problems in day to day situations.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Irving Texas United States of America