To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Groton, CT
- George Estepp
- Phone: 1-800-825-5452
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HKA Enterprises • Groton, CT
Posted 26 days ago
· The Tech operates industrial facilities to control flow and processing of streams such as water, wastewater, steam, compressed air, sludge and effluents
· Applies knowledge to the principles, practices and methods of industrial treatment processes and conveyance system operations including but not limited to water, wastewater and remediation systems
· Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, gates, engines, generators and valves into plant to regulate processes
· Maintains shift log, observes variations in operating conditions and records and interprets meter and gauge readings; makes process adjustments as necessary
· Determines and sets proper chemical dosage and flow rates
· Inspects equipment to identify and correct needed repairs and maintenance
· Processes, hauls and applies bio-solids or other process residuals in accordance with plant schedules and regulatory requirements
· Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses on plant influent, effluent, process and industrial discharges
· Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs facility equipment and instrumentation, including instrument calibration and preventive maintenance
· Utilizes data management tools such as computer spreadsheets and programs for daily process control
· Provides guidance and direction to plant operators, mechanics and industrial technicians
· Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
· Performs other duties as required
· High school diploma or GED required
· Connecticut Class 1 or equivalent Operator certification
· Some post high school education related to industrial water/wastewater utility operations and maintenance preferred
· Two years’ experience with industrial production techniques and industrial equipment
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Possess or be able to acquire 10-hour Hazardous materials/DOT certification within 60 days of hire
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operation of engines, pumps, valves, motors, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes.
· Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and data management software
· Willingness to cross train and assist in both maintenance and operations areas