Provide activity therapy treatment, interaction and socialization to senior living residents in an effort to facilitate optimal physical, emotional and mental health. Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive activity plan that is continuously improving.
Activities Director Qualifications:
- Ability to lead facilitated group activities; comfortable working with residents.
- Candidates need to be reliable, outgoing, and enjoy being with the elderly.
- Two (2) years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full time in a patient (resident) activities program in a healthcare setting.
- Basic Computer knowledge for implementation of patient/client information electronic record keeping.
- Must have maintained a driver’s license continuously for the last three (3) years with a safe driving record.
- Must have current state driver’s license.
- Current CPR/CAPE Certifications.
For inquiries please contact:
Genesis Senior Liviing Center
5608 Southwest 9th St.
Des Moines, IA 50315
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees; legally-protected characteristics including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.