Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team. The Maintenance Technician repairs/maintains machinery & mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, hoists, cranes & production machines/equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines/equipment such as machine tools and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines/equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, lighting fixtures and replaces damaged/broken wires & cables.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components.
- Diagnoses/replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, maintains coolant and other fluids in equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on building such as air conditioners, plumbing, office areas, etc.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe for air and hydraulic lines.
- Operates man lifts and fork truck as necessary to perform duties.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $30/hr, BOE
Benefits provided by Client: temperature control building, competitive benefits package once hired on by client including: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401k, Paid holidays, paid vacation
- 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics & procedural manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Basic Computer skills: processing data using word processing, spreadsheets & data base.
- Excellent communication skills: oral & written.
- CNC Machine experience is required; Press experience is a plus.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Technician
with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.