Our client located in the DC metro area, is seeking an entry level to junior accountant with prior relative internship experience and/or high volume high paced accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and other supportive staff functions experience.
- Reviewing journal entries and analyzing general ledger accounts
- Limited partner requests
- Involved in final audit process (for different market types) - impacts the bottom line of financials
- Prepare investment funding and expense wires
- Book journal entries as needed
- Reconcile high priority cash transactions
- Perform month end close process
- Preparing quarterly reporting package
- Prepare corporate reporting package
- Assist in all aspects of preparing quarterly annual reports including preparation and review work papers and performing variance analysis
- Reviewing and validating proceed/income allocations and waterfall results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field preferred
- 0-3 years of experience
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred
- Strong relative internship experience (highly preferred)
- Prior experience with accounting software (preferred)
- Experience recording journal entries
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to properly prioritize multiple requests and demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
HireStrategy is a full-service professional staffing firm providing contract, direct hire and executive search solutions for employers in the Washington DC area. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology and media, financial services, professional services, energy & green technology, federal services, education and non-profit organizations.
View the full profile
Our recruiters specialize in providing candidates with personalized career management advice and placement services in the Technology, Finance Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Recruiting & HR and Administrative fields. HireStrategy has been ranked the No. 1 staffing firm in the Washington DC area, honored by Inc. magazine as one of the 500 fastest-growing firms in the country and named a “Future 50″ firm by Washington SmartCEO magazine. We’ve also been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by the Washington Business Journal, as well as a “Best Place to Work” by Washingtonian magazine.
Our executives are recognized thought leaders in their fields, regularly contributing their insights on economic, employment and workplace issues to the Washington Post, USA Today, the Washington Business Journal, the Wall Street Journal and major broadcast and cable television networks, including NBC, CNN and PBS.