JOB TITLE: Forklift/Equipment Operator
LOCATION: Gainesville, FL
PAY RATE: $14.00 per hour
HOURS: Monday - Saturday - Various Shifts
**MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Driver's License, Skid Steer and Forklift experience to be considered for this position.**
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates forklift to move baled material and to load and unload trucks.
- Operates skid steel loaders to load material on conveyors.
- Operates wheel loader to push and load materials on conveyors.
- Operates baler to bale loose materials.
- Performs pre-operation checks of equipment; performs routine service and preventative maintenance on equipment to maintain good working order.
- Performs manual tasks and labor while not operating equipment as required.
- Assists mechanics and vehicle service attendants in minor overhaul and repair work.
- Completes minor repair work on equipment.
- Assist with maintaining working area clean
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions in the operation of light or medium equipment.
- Knowledge of the operating and repair characteristics of light or medium equipment.
- Ability to service types of light or medium equipment and to make minor repairs.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Current forklift certification
- Valid Driver's License
- Three to Five years of Forklift, Skid Steer experience
- HS diploma or equivalent
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to routinely lift 30 or more pounds
- Hand eye coordination
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and twist at the waist
- Ability to tolerate heat
· Can read, understand, hear, and apply written and spoken directions in English
· Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
· Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
· Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination
· Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
· Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the job duties and functions
- High heat during summer months
- High particulate matter content in air
- High noise
- High traffic environment
- Operates under cover but may require outside activity
- Physically demanding
Personal Protective Equipment