To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3840 109th Street
Urbandale, IA 50322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer - QSD
Berkley Technology Services • Urbandale, IA
Posted 25 days ago
The Software Engineer - QSD position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of build, test, and automated deployments jobs for application teams within BTS. Moving towards true continual integration with DevOps framework.
Demonstrates a robust understanding of all functional and technical aspects of a system
Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation, and unit testing
- May provide rotating on-call support of production systems
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications
- Enforce current Change Management and SOX Policies
- Travel for this position is approximately 5-10%
3 - 5 years building front-end REST-based applications, using modern frameworks
- 5 - 10 years reasonable single system/single technology knowledge
- Understanding of code packaging and deployment management tools
- Agile development experience
- Must have demonstrated the capability of meeting the key accountabilities, or have the ability to learn/perform them.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to thrive and produce results with little or no supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact seamlessly at all levels with both technical and business stakeholders
- Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and systems
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills