Under supervision, the Front Desk Night Auditor is responsible for checking in and out members, owners, and guests, make room reservations, and perform front desk related functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure proper standards of hospitality are provided to all members, owners, and guests on property and/or via telephone.
- Ensure all pending arrival information is accurate (i.e. check rates and prepare upcoming arrival packets with necessary materials and information).
- Check in/out members, owners, and guests.
- Follow through on requests and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Handle and resolve complaints.
- Verify guest information (i.e. for additional keys, telephone calls, and packages.)
- Compute billing charges, collect payments and provide change.
- Post charges as received through other debarments (i.e. fitness center, housekeeping, logo shop, and laundry).
- Answer the telephone with proper etiquette and transfer calls accordingly.
- Communicate with all internal departments including PBX, housekeeping, engineering, and security.
- Balance all end of day shift reports.
- Verify cash and credit card transactions.
- Complete nightly cash drop.
- Complete night audit checklist.
- Complete special projects, stocking, list items to be ordered, and daily bucket checks.
- Report incidents to management/security immediately.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No prior supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Complex Problem Solving