Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents' based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident's needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For inquiries please contact:
Springfield Skilled Care Center
2401 West Grand Street
Springfield, MO 65802
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.