We are seeking an commercial construction estimator with a strong work ethic to join our team. The ideal candidate must provide leadership, planning, organization, direction and control on all projects while meeting the operational goals of the company.
Estimator Construction Job Duties:
•Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
•Prepares construction budget by studying sit plans; specifications; and existing conditions
•Evaluates RFPs by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
•Submit RFI’s as needed in order to prepare a qualified bid
•Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors by evaluating their bids vs scope of work
•Maintain standard cost sheets to help with pricing future work that is similar
•Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
•Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
•Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
•Maintains continuity across all teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
•Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies.
•Attend pre-bid meetings as needed or required by client.
•Supervise cost management staff as required based on who is assigned to the project you are working on
• Review Project with Director of Cost Management, Director of Operations, and/or CEO and be able to justify thought process of assembling the bid and costs.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
All candidates must have a proven background in budget and cost control, positive client relationships, interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, as well as the appropriate computer skills.
Minimum 2 years Estimating experience in commercial construction markets and a demonstrated ability to successfully start and complete projects.
Track record that demonstrates the ability to maintain the highest levels of client satisfaction, display unquestionable integrity, and to protect and promote the interests of the company in all matters.
Previous experience with: Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus, MS and Excel
- Nationwide Contractor
- Full Time permanent position
- Terrific Compensation & Benefits package
- Profit Sharing Plan
- High energy multitasker with a passion and drive to excel
- Strong level of Professionalism and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong organization, computer and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines ina fast-moving environment wihile managing mulitple priorities
- College education preferred but not required
- Previous Construction PC experience preferreed
- Corecon, Bluebeam, and/or Stack software experience
- Fluent in Word & Excel