Under the direction of the Director of Plant Operations, the Plant Operations Tech 1 is responsible for assigned daily maintenance repairs and preventive maintenance. The Plant Operations Tech 1 is mentored by the Plant Operations Tech 2 being the first contact for troubleshooting support.
· Perform preventive maintenance on building systems and assists Plant Operations Tech 2 in HVA/C large jobs.
- Completes maintenance work orders for general repairs as well as basic HVA/C repairs.
· Assists manager in the overall safety of the facility.
· After hours and weekend call rotation.
· Completes other assigned duties.
· High school diploma/GED required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
- Exhibits maturity and confidence in communication skills via telephone or in person.
- Knowledge of building systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required in general maintenance.
- Dependable attendance is essential.
- Current & valid driver’s license.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
· Physical movements include sitting, reaching, bending, climbing stairs, stooping and stretching.
- Visual acuity is required to perform duties.
- Possesses manual dexterity sufficient to operate machines and tools.
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Specialists Hospital of Shreveport is a licensed and physician owned hospital located at 1500 Line Avenue, Suite 206 in Shreveport, Louisiana 71101. Our hospital is proud to provide advanced technology in the fields of orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, pain management and physical therapy for inpatients as well as outpatients.
View the full profile
Our vision of care for muscles, bones and joints begins in a healing environment with an intimate and personal approach with physicians being significantly involved in the delivery of health care on every level. Our hospital strives to provide amplitude of care and a pleasant stay for patients and their families. Each patient will leave here having experienced a personalized service with each employee you encounter.
Specialists Hospital – Shreveport is recognized locally and nationally as a leader in orthopedic and spine care. Our surgeons work closely with expert physicians in pain management, electrodiagnostic medicine, as well as physical therapy – all centrally located at our state-of-the-art facility, to achieve the ideal outcomes for your healthcare needs. We believe our vision of care meets or surpasses those offered in larger cities – bringing the finest treatment, from start to finish, right to your backyard.