REGISTERED NURSE – OPERATING ROOM
- Illinois Masonic Medical Center; Chicago, IL (Lakeview area)
- 7am-3pm; Monday-Friday
- Rotate between Main OR and Day Surgery
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
The unit has 12 OR suites in the main hospital and 6 state of the art operating rooms in the new outpatient Center for Advanced Care. The surgical services division also provides pre and post-operative care focusing on the education of patients and families and providing smooth transitions between settings for the best patient outcomes. The OR performs all specialty surgeries except transplants, and offers state-of-the-art equipment and services. The surgery department is staffed 24 hours during the week.
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
Patient-Centered Holistic Care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- PREFERRED: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and 1 year of Operating Room experience
- ACCEPTABLE: ADN with 3+ years’ Operating Room experience and agreement to enroll and complete BSN completion program within 3 years of hire.
- Ability to scrub and circulate a plus
- Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
- Certain positions may need to take call
- Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
- Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH – We help people live well!
Associates Degree In Nursing
Registered Nurse Certified