At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963,
UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a
very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to
transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the
world at large.
The Facilities Operations Department is seeking two qualified candidates to fill two Custodial Specialist III positions.
The functions performed in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Job #: 497444
Open Date: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: September 05, 2019
Annual Salary: Negotiable
Completion of 9th grade and 4+ years of relevant experience. The UCF
policy requires completion and passing of a physical exam for this
- Two or more years of supervisory experience preferred, with knowledge of supervisory principles and practices preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of the custodial field preferred; Familiar
with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the custodial field
- Ability to understand, communicate, apply, and enforce UCF guidelines, regulations, and policies;
- Ability to communicate in conversational English in order to work effectively with customers and team members;
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships;
- Demonstrate proficient use of various computer programs including
and/or equivalent to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and the
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a high-volume and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to delegate, train, coach, lead, motivate, and ensure cohesiveness in a diverse work environment;
- Ability to comprehend reports, inspections, and documentation pertinent to the unit;
- Maintain confidentiality and address sensitive matters appropriately and efficiently;
- Assess material needs, order, and sustain accurate and sufficient inventories;
- Ensure that work productivity and service meet UCF quality assurance standards;
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to interpret, follow and/or provide instructions.
Position will include a 10% shift differential for working third shift or a 5% shift differential for working second shift.
Position requires a valid Class E driver’s license (regular license).
The position may involve driving to various locations on and off campus
to conduct University business.
If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment
opportunity here at UCF, both your position and salary will be
significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your
application for employment. If certain eligibility criteria are met, the
department may grant an above base offer. We urge you to please take
the time to complete the application in its entirety.
UCF is seeking to hire two positions Custodial Specialist III.
Applicants MUST apply through URL blocked - click to apply
. No paper applications, resumes, cover
letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this Staff position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents
can be attached through the URL blocked - click to apply
assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan
implementation is appreciated. The
University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the
information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic
information will be used only for affirmative action.
University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and
affirmative action employer.