Chief Financial Officer
Fort Wayne, IN Facility
PHD, Inc., headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a world class manufacturer of industrial automation products designed to help companies optimize their manufacturing processes. Our products consist of a full line of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, escapements, grippers, linear slides, rotary actuators, clamps, multi-motion actuators, switches and sensors. These products provide the fundamental motion to push, pull, lift, rotate, turn, grip, reach, clamp, hold, position, escape, insert, load, unload, pick, place, and orient parts or materials across all industries.
PHD is an equal opportunity employer.
· Review of financial reports for trends and performance against goals, financial analysis, and department requirements to set goals to assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
· Evaluate all fixed assets (including development of depreciation expenses), capital expenditures (valuations), cost improvement projects and/or return on investment to ensure proper and profitable use of capital investment funds.
· Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports, monthly profit and loss by customer/business unit, forecast vs. budget by division, weekly cash flow by division, and financial forecasts.
· Work with Operations, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing departments to develop a pricing strategy for achieving long-term profitability.
· Monitor quoted versus actual margins and provide analysis to understand root cause of variance
· Work in conjunction with MRP to ensure inventory levels are supported by demand planning requirements.
· Develop a robust cost accounting program including inventory valuation, cost of goods sold valuation, constraint analysis, margin analysis, and variance analysis.
· Maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the assets of the organization and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments in accordance with accounting standards and procedures.
· Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation, as well as the timely issuance of monthly financial statements to the Executive Committee.
· Oversee cash and manage cash flow planning process within PHD and all subsidiaries. Assess and forecast sources and uses of cash to ensure adequate cash flow within PHD and subsidiaries.
· Manage and mitigate foreign currency exposure for overseas subsidiaries.
· Maintain Company Treasury functions, which include outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
· Ensure corporate accounting and finance activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and ensure internal controls and fraud prevention.
· Present the company financial statement and report at the Annual Board of Directors/Shareholder’s meeting (including review of the annual audit) and answer board members' questions about the audit.
· Ten years of managerial-level experience directly related to accounting and financial administration, budgetary planning and control, purchasing and general logistical management, physical plant and property management, cost accounting, inventory management, manufacturing operations, investment and cash management, capital financing, and related business matter.
· Should have held positions of increasing responsibility within an accounting department, such as director of finance, director of accounting or controller.
· Prefer a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) and/or a professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA). Professionals should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Must have strong analytical, strategic planning and communication skills, including an ability to work well with board members and other senior managers.
· Experience working external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
· Extensive experience in capital equipment accounting and operational and financial management.
· Experience managing accounting functions for multi-site facilities in the US and abroad.
· Excellent technology/computer skills, both hardware and software, are required.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources – CFO
P. O. Box 9070
Fort Wayne, IN 46899
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)