An established local commercial real estate development firm is adding an Accounting Manager to its accounting team. Accounting Manager reports to the CFO and is response for financial analysis, year-end close and cash management for 35 LLCs. Candidates should have advanced Excel skills to work with complicated formulas. This small company offers a full range of employee benefits including healthcare, dental, 401K Safe Harbor, Profit Sharing Plan, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, possible annual bonus and a hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office with 2 remote days per week after initial training period). Along with a $60,000 base salary, the profit-sharing plan is calculated annually based on several factors. (Rate has been roughly 13% of salary the last 2 years.) Join this close-knit team, apply today!
- Assist with financial statements and reporting
- General Ledger entries and bank account reconciliations
- Prepare yearly budgets
- GAAP compliance (federal, state, industry requirements and required reporting)
- Manage Staff Accountant
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process
- Ensure policies are followed for processing expenses/reimbursements
- Coordinate with CPA firm on behalf of company
- Assist with special projects and research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience at a small company
- Commercial real estate experience including real estate income tax and planning a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (complicated formulas and pivot tables)
- MRI software experience a plus
- Excellent written, oral, listening, presentation, influence, and interpersonal skills
- An organized and self-directed individual with a talent for handling changing priorities and deadlines
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position.
Conditions of Employment: Job offers could be contingent upon complying with the company’s vaccination policy, acceptable results of a criminal background check, negative results of a drug screen, a physical etc. or any combination thereof. Please ask your recruiter about these contingencies. If you receive a conditional job offer, do not give notice until such contingency results are satisfactory to the hiring company.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All registrants are considered based upon their skills, performance, potential, and other qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Accounting Management
- Bank Reconciliations
- Financial Statements
- General Ledger
- Tax Return