Job Title: Direct Sales Representative
Department: Marketing and Sales
This position is responsible for gaining new subscribers within a defined geographic territory for Atlantic Broadband, the 13th largest cable television provider in the U.S. This role covers geographic territory in the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware. Atlantic Broadband is aggressively increasing sales and marketing efforts in this market and the sales team is a key part of reaching our goals.
Atlantic Broadband is looking for organized, self-motivated, and outgoing individuals that have the ability to listen to customers, provide solutions, and ultimately close sales in a consultative manner. These individuals will generate new customer relationships through door-to-door solicitation selling our video, internet, and phone products. These individuals will also have a strong desire to succeed and use their exceptional interpersonal skills to provide an unmatched sales experience. Acting as the face of Atlantic Broadband in the customer’s home, these individuals will help professionally market our products and services.
- Conducts outstanding in-home sales presentations to new customers through door-to-door solicitation.
- Meets/exceeds sales quota on a daily/weekly basis.
- Participates in local marketing events when needed.
- Builds and maintains a thorough understanding of all of Atlantic Broadband’s products and services.
- Delivers unparalleled customer service.
- Monitors competition by gathering current market information on pricing and products.
- Assists in local sales & marketing initiatives and programs.
- Places orders using a mobile device such as an iPad.
- Attends sales meetings and actively participates.
Success in this role will require someone that is self-disciplined and has the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Specific requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED along with at least 1 year sales experience.
- Is able to work nights and weekends as necessary in order to exceed all sales quotas.
- Is able to walk for extended periods of time, work outside and during inclement weather, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic math and computer skills.
- Must have effective time-management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and insurance in applicable area.