Job Title: Welder – MUST KNOW ALUMIUM!
Must be proficient in all areas of department and all welding procedures as prescribed in AWS and ASME publications for MIG and STICK welding (SMAW).
· Understand and carry out verbal and written directions in English
· Close attention to detail
· Function with no supervision.
· Set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Stay current in TPM and basic mechanical adjustments on all equipment as needed.
· Ability to enter OEE information into OEE Control Document spreadsheet in server.
· Meet minimum safety and 5-S standards.
· Must read blueprints and perform shop math to layout, fabricate and weld various parts and assemblies.
· Must be able to weld all types of metals, set and maintain welding machine (tip, liner changes, etc.) and weld vertical, horizontal and overhead.
· Perform all MIG, TIG and Stick welding procedures (all positions), including machine settings, bottles and necessary fittings.
· Welding of mild steel and aluminum where required.
· Grind and clean area where required.
· Ability to use grinder, sander, rivet guns, saws and other air tools.
· Inspect welds for cracks, burn through and weld spatter.
· Have knowledge of all welding and assembler operations in the work center.
· Must be able to perform all Welder “A” and Welder “B” functions.
· Play a key role in training welders at all levels.
· Able to reproduce all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
· Be compliant with all the rules of conduct and attendance per the company handbook.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
· Ensure that hazardous waste that is handled is placed into the proper container(s).
· Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
· Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
· Knows spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
Pass Background Check
Pass Drug Test 10 panel
Use Welding Equipment
Use Shield Arc
Use Submerge Arc
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
Use Welding Technique