Join NECC - $2,500 Sign-on Bonus available
About YOU: You are seeking a full-time position and have a strong interest in working with children and young adults. You have strong interpersonal skills and aspire towards gaining knowledge and understanding of the principles of ABA and best educational practices.
About the POSITION: NECC is seeking to fill a full-time ABA Tutor position. Tutors will work under the direct supervision of the Partner Program Lead/Coordinator, the Partner Program Tutor is responsible for the direct care, ABA therapy of students in the classroom. This includes knowledge and implementation of students’ clinical, educational, vocational, and daily living skills objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching as part of a team of professionals to maximize students’ skills and independence
- Implementing educational programs and behavior management guidelines in 1:1 and small group formats
- Utilizing behavior analytic teaching procedures across classroom, community, and residential settings
- Providing in-home training for up to 2 hours per week
- Communicate with family members, public school personnel, and supervisors
- Instructing students in general curriculum areas, communication, social skills, activities of daily living (ie personal hygiene), vocational, adaptive physical education, and self-preservation
- Case management responsibilities, that may include modify curriculum to include student in the general education classroom.
- High school diploma or above
- Interest in working with children or young adults in a special education setting
- Ability to obtain US driver's license and access to personal vehicle
Successful completion of NECC required trainings
- CALM safety training: Physical requirements of the job include extensive movement to provide physical intervention in response to challenging behavior
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to carry out written and verbal instructions
- Ability to be flexible with an ever-changing work environment
- Supportive of an inclusive culture celebrating the diversity of NECC’s employees, families, and students
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Generous paid vacation starting at 35 days per year
- General tuition reimbursement
- Possible supervision provided by an onsite BCBA
- Comprehensive health / dental / vision benefits
- Retirement plan
Center-based graduate and doctoral programs
- doctoral and graduate school programs in special education and applied behavior analysis
About NECC: The New England Center for Children® (NECC), headquartered in Southborough, MA, is a global leader in autism education and research. NECC provides a comprehensive structure to help children and young adults with autism through evidence-based services in home-based, day, and residential programs, in unison with ongoing research on educational best practices. Beyond our walls, we provide classroom partnerships within public school systems, consultation services, and ABA curriculum software for schools and organizations.