Leggett & Platt’s URL blocked - click to apply division in Georgetown, KY, specializing in producing a variety of adjustable bed sleep systems is seeking a Unit Materials Manager. Responsible for supervising the Centralized Purchasing Department in providing procurement services for the Business Unit utilizing procurement programs developed locally within the framework of corporate policies.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee the Centralized Purchasing group that is responsible for purchasing of raw material used in manufacturing and assembly as well as finished goods for resale.
- Maintain Inventory levels of raw material and finished goods to support Sales Forecast and efficient production variability.
- Mitigate the risks of stock out situations across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Manage working capital to acceptable levels based on management guidelines.
- Provide forecasts to specified suppliers.
- Participate in Product Lifecycle Projects
- Make effective decision making during product lifecycle in regards to inventory and material management.
- Maintain effective relationship with supplier contacts
- Know, understand, and maintain company data processing systems for forecasting, inventory control, scheduling, purchasing, receiving and production reporting
- Understand and practice the policies and procedures for LP9000 Management System, Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII), and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI)
- Participate in sales and operations planning activities
- Approve purchasing amounts in accordance with System Procedure 7, Section 4.2.3
- Conform to all safety and quality requirements and procedures
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity related to product, process, and the quality system
- Identify and/or record any problems relating to the product, process, and the quality system
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or business-related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Global Multi Site Manufacturing Materials Management
- Experience in leading a team to both plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent communications and people skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, 401-k, discount stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more. Interested? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
Manufacturing Resource Planning