• Perform monthly financial close activities including update and maintenance of the General Ledger, analysis of account variances and reporting of results to management.
• Perform weekly Revenue, Orders, and Backlog reporting to management.
• Coordinate and maintain monthly accruals and standard journal entries.
• Perform monthly analysis of general ledger account variances and reconcile changes.
• Assist in month-end closing activities, including departmental expenses, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accrued accounts.
• Performs daily revenue and cost transaction posting.
• Assist on key efficiency metrics to enforce multiple site efficiency.
• Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting packages, taking advantage of opportunities to enhance usefulness and efficiency.
• Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits.
• Ensure compliance with Thermo Fisher Policies and Procedures.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and compliance.
• Performs FIM/HFM Entry
• Assist in the development and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and site forecast development/updates.
• Performs account analysis support to the Accounting Manager & B/U Finance Director.
• Participation and utilization of PPI methodology.
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required.
• Perform other accounting duties as assigned by management.
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
• Requires 3+ years of related accounting experience.
• Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting Principles.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong track record of accurate and timely financial accounting.
• Ability to work independently; self-motivated; high bias for action.
• Experience with MAPICS, JDE, SAP, and HFM is a plus.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles