To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1201 South Pine Hill Road
Griffin, GA 30224
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Berry Global • Griffin, GA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Plant Engineer evaluates existing processes and implements manufacturing systems to improve productivity. Ensuring safety and quality are embedded in best practices which will be used for reliable, repeatable outputs. Will manage all major capital improvement projects.
· Identify and troubleshoot infrastructure system issues/inefficiencies and provide problem/improvement resolution.
· Evaluate plant capacity including electrical, water, and compressed air.
· Create layout options and make recommendations for equipment moves and new equipment installations to accommodate improved process flows.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager, Engineering Director and Other Managers.
· Develop and implement plant engineering preventive maintenance program.
· Assist in establishing guidelines related to plant systems to ensure proper maintenance and safety standards are met.
· Manage plant maintenance department.
· Develop metrics and reporting related to preventive maintenance (ie. MEFF).
· Develop metrics and reporting related to utility usage.
· Work with key vendors to develop programs to both improve operations and reduce equipment/service costs.
· Evaluate and identify projects related to energy efficiency and other cost reduction opportunities.
· Support plant personnel, contractors and engineering in managing capital projects.
· Implement capital plan and project justifications, entry and tracking. Enter and manage capital projects or support plant personnel as needed.
· Drive cost reductions specific to site operations as identified by engineering and plant leadership team.
· Evaluate plant to ensure safe and efficient operations.
· Serve as the technical leader in the plant related to plant engineering, infrastructure, and operational excellence.
· Cast vision to implement corporate best practices in plant.
· Support equipment moves, plant consolidations, and expansion projects to ensure facility and infrastructure is in place to support operations
· Identify and drive cost reductions related to utilities and efficiency improvements
· Establish guidelines related to plant systems to ensure proper maintenance and safety standards are met.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· This Job Description is a summary of the job duties and responsibilities that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties and responsibilities identified herein, and occasionally may be required or assigned to perform duties and responsibilities that are not included within this Job Description.
· Although certain positions have specific tasks and responsibilities with respect to food safety, the food safety and quality of all products manufactured by Berry Global is, in general, the responsibility of every Berry employee.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, BSME, BSCE, BSEE, BSIE
· 5-7 years of Engineering Management experience preferred
· Experience with Autocad preferred or ability to learn.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timelines.
· Leadership qualities to facilitate teamwork and drive results with all levels of the organization.
· Strong leadership, communication, and motivational skills.